So I am so sad because we have done so many fun things these last couple weeks and my camera has been dead And our charger got lost in the move. So we have to save in order to get a new one.
So anyway Capri is finally is meeting the milestone's that she should be doing. Last week she started to grab at her toys and noticed that what her name is so if you say "Capri" she will try to find who said her name, I know that the doc said she would be a Little behind, But when your first did everything on time, and your second has not and every one mentions it, It worries you just a bit.
And she is laughing and just started holding her head up!! Oh and as of 2 days ago she is taking a 6 oz bottle. We love her so much, and she has such a sweet spirit about her,
She is such a sweet baby, everyone is just drawn to her.
Now if we could get her to sleep longer than 10 to 15 min intervals then I will be a happy mom! any suggestions?? Lucy would take 3 consistent naps during the day we she was 3 months till about 7 months then started taking 2 naps per day from 7 months till about 15 months, It was great!!
And so I'll have to admit Capri has been real spoiled as far as me holding her and being more relaxed, because of what she has gone through and considering she is most likely my last,
If anyone has any suggestions on trying to get her to take longer naps let me know.
16 years ago








3 comments:
We had the same problem with Zoe for the same reason...and we just had to put her on a schedule. I read a book called, "On Becoming Babywise" and applied their principles. It was hard to let her cry...hard to transition...but let me tell you, she has been sleeping through the night since 5 months and I rarely have to go back into the room after laying her down for bed or a nap. If you want to borrow the book from me, let me know and I'll have Tawny get it to you. Let me know. That's my advice, take it or leave it! Good luck! -Kat
Ok, I'll be going into the office next Thursday and I'll bring it to her to give you! OR I can mail it to you. Email me and let me know. findingequipoise{at}gmail{dot}com. :)
I don't know if this will work for Capri, but it worked for both Easton and Eric: let them cry. The recipe for sleep was that simple for me! It took them a few days, but it has definitely paid off because Eric is a wonderful napper and sleeps through the night. He's learned how to self-soothe and knows that I won't come pick him up every time he cries.
You should borrow Brandalee's "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" book. It will help you learn, step by step, how to help your child sleep better and what you can expect from them at each stage of life. The better she sleeps, the happier she'll be.
Now, I want you to know that I understand completely that all children are different and some are better sleepers than others-- Savanna was a terrible sleeper! But it still would be worth a shot for you to try letting her cry it out :)
Post a Comment