Wednesday, May 6, 2009





So Capri Has been having isssues the last couple of weeks eating a bottle. I didnt really worry about it the first couple of days, And figured babies will eat when they want. Then 5 days went buy then I starrted to feel like something was up. So I thought well maybe she dosnt like the kind of bottle I had been giving her so I changed the bottle and still she hated to eat. So then I took her to kids care about it They had told me that she had a sore throte. So I thought that was why she wasnt eating. So Then The next week came I took her to her two month well check and told the Doc. that she Sucked at eating he didnt seem to concerned but yet I still was.
But really didnt think that much of it. then two days Later she broke out in this terrible rash on her face so again I took her in to kids care, (mind you this was the 3 time in 1 week) And by then her skin around her whole body was really spotty. So when I was there At the Kids Care I told then that not only was her face concerning to me but her skin around her body was too.
And again they really didnt think to much about it, And again I didnt walk out of there feeling so sure that she was really alright.
So like 2 days later she happened to want to eat she didnt want much and she would fuss the whole way through her feeding. And for 2 days when she would eat she would Puke it all up all day long. So at this point I started to really freak out thinking something was not right. She litrally hadnt eatin in like 2 weeks. So on Saturday I went to work and thought to myself when I get home and she pukes again I'm taking her in no matter what and I was deternmined to get answers. So that day I got home fed her went to pick Ben up from work and there she went She puked up like 2 bottles all over in the car.
So I called the doc AGAIN!!! And they told me to go strait up to Primary Children Hostpital. And not to make any stops. So we dropped off Lucy At our best friends That live upstairs from us, And I cant even express How Absolutly Wonderful they Are to us!! They watched her while we were at the Hostpital.
So when we got up there The Doctors told us how Dangrously Diehdrated she was, She was so bad that her little viens were colapsing And they were having such a hard time getting an IV in her little arm. and they couldnt even get blood from her because of the dehiedration. Also because of it that was why she had the rash in the first place because her blood vessles were popping. And then she had to have a kathider put in so they could messure how much she was peeing!! Cause she wasnt haveing any wet Diapers. I had also told the Docs that too!! When I was there that week.
It was awful!! I was One BIG MESS!!! They Ran abunch of tests and ended up determing it was a severe Case of Acid Reflux, So the reason why shr wasnt eating is because it would burn her asofagus!! The docs did say to me if I had of waited till monday it would have eaither resulted in Death Or much much more issues than what we were dealing with!! She also lost a whole pound in less than a week.

SO TO ALL THE MOM'S OUT THERE TRUST
YOUR INSTINCT BECAUSE MOST LIKELY
YOUR NOT WRONG!!!!!!
So She ended up staying up there for 3 days. And so far she is on two medications And she is doing great and keeping her bottles down!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

That is so sad and awful. I have had similiar situations with doctors not listening to me about my kids and it turned out to be a disastrous situation. I am glad she is doing better. Your kids are so cute. Tell your fam. Hi for me!
Love ya

Katrina Jackson said...

I can't believe reflux wasn't the first thing they said! That behavior is CLASSIC reflux. So sorry it got so devastatingly bad before they figured it out, but so glad things are better!

Your future is as Bright as your Faith -Thomas S Monson