Thursday, April 1, 2010

Doctors, Doctors and More Doctors

Gosh, I feel so out of the loop with no Internet, with my life consumed with Mommy hood and being a wife and standing behind the chair trying to make everybody beautiful, it can get difficult to get to my moms to write. This is what I Love, I have to say its my Hobby.
Ben and I have been blessed that for the last 9 months we have not had health insurance, and luckily we have remained quite healthy or I have just put up with the problems That I have experienced until Ben received benefits through his work.
But ever since I was Pregnant with Capri I have experienced major Stomach pains every time I eat, while I was pregnant the pain would get so terrible I ended up going to the emergency room thinking I was in Pre-term Labor, the doctors then determined it was Gall stones. I then have been suffering ever since. The pain is terrible!! So I then told Ben that as soon as we get our benefits Come Hell or High water I'm determined to find out whats really going on, That I was sick of being in pain to the point I want to Die Every single time I eat.
So the day we received our insurance cards in the mail, I made the call to a Digestive health Center, He was an amazing doctor, I told him all my symptoms and he shook his head I then proceeded to tell him with a slight chuckle "Every doctor does that to me, because they can Never figure out what the heck is wrong with me". He then requested an Upper GI.
I went in for that procedure the results: 17 medium sized Ulcers all over my stomach that are eating the acid lining of my stomach that protects it and a Hyatle Hernia!! Yes Lovely!! hummmm No wonder why I'm in so much Freaking Pain!!
You ask how the heck did she get those?? Well I'll tell ya. From my Chronic Headaches and fibromyaligia, I take medication to help me get through the day. Thatis what has caused the Ulcers the pain meds are whats eating that acid lining.
The docs orders are to ween off my meds so my stomach can heal and to just take Tylenol and he put me on more meds that will help produce more acid to heal the ulcers and take away the pain. So this is what I'm thinking.... that I'm supposed to go off one Med to make another thing better so then I can suffer in another place.. But on a good Note I'm feeling better, and later I will get the results on the hyatle hernia, and see if that needs to be repaired. I'm sick of Doctors but I'm glad they figured out what was wrong and they can treat it.

No comments:

Your future is as Bright as your Faith -Thomas S Monson