Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Time Management

Before I Had children I was always on time for everything No matter what, It was just something that I had to do I felt a sense of control when I was on time for things such as Work, Church, Family stuff, Appointments, etc.. After I had Lucy I still was pretty good at getting to things on time. Then I had my second child, I'm Not working as much and no mater what time I have to be at a certain place whether its one in the afternoon or four, I'm always at least a Half hour Late for everything, and Seriously I could be totally running right on time, Thinking I'm the coolest most together mother of 2 in the whole world, Then Always 10Min's before I'm supposed to be out the door, Capri Poops an so I have to change her and lately that is not on her agenda for the day, she is an "ON THE GO" Dresser and diaper changer, so like changing her diaper is like a 20 min proceed er.
Or Lucy will Hide my wedding ring then start playing the HOT And COLD game with me (which really has happened almost about lost my cool with that). Something will spill and so I have to clean it up, and if I'm trying to get out the door to be at work Lucy will throw herself into a frenzie because she Hates when I leave, So being the guilty Mom that I am I stay and try to comfort her as long as I can.
And everyday I have a list of things that needs to be done, I get so overwhelmed thinking of all the phone calls that need to be made to either Doctors, Bills and making appts for the girls or me, insurance company's and doing everybody Else's jobs for them while on the phone.
I always have buckets of Laundry to fold and of coarse breakfast, lunch and dinner needs to be served and cleaned up as well.
And then there are the things that I want to do like Blogging, Checking my Facebook. I finally have the Internet and I don't have time to breath let alone Blog for heaven sake. But I love doing it So I will make time for it even if I have to stay up till midnight doing it when Ben isn't asleep considering when the kids are in bed he is, so he can wake up for his 3am shift and considering our computer is in our room it really makes it hard for me to get on the computer, and when Capri is asleep Im cleaning up and Lucy invades the computer because she has this cray obsession with BARBIE.com, its like me with Facebook.
I have to make a goal to Manage my time a little better I have to, for my stress level to go down, oh and I have to mention when I am running late I always seem to get behind the slowest drivers ever and hit Every Red light possible.
I feel like there is not allot of time during the day, I am constantly going going going... Its a good thing I work for myself or I would be Fired by now.
I see all these moms that have it all together and think to myself " You have 5 kids and seem to cook, clean, run erands, do laundry, sew, be on time for practices and things, and I wonder how in the world do they do it. There has got to be a way for me to get it together, even though I start early to get to where I need to be I Always seem to be late.
But like I said I have to make a goal somehow to improve because Lucy starts swim lessons in June and Pre-school in the fall and she has to be on Time. Can anyone relate?? So I don't feel I'm the only one.

2 comments:

Mat and Brooke said...

I can totally relate 100%! I used to be an on-time person, too. But it seems like with each additional child that comes into my life, I can tack on time for how late I'll show up at something...anything!! I feel like I am always late!!!

Natalie said...

Every mom feels that way, EVERY mom. And it just looks like everyone else has it together, but they don't, Fake It 'Till You Make It!!!! That's what I say.
One day, when you have five kids (or have been doing the mom thing for a lot longer) you will be albe to have things together a little better, or at least be use to the craziness.
Hang in there, I promise, we ALL feel that way:)

Your future is as Bright as your Faith -Thomas S Monson