Thursday, October 7, 2010

We Love em, But do they truly Understand??

Since Ben is back in school Full Time, I am back at being a School Widow as I would call it, has been a Very hard adjustment for me considering he took the summer off and was home most of the day.
I love being a mom, But don't necessarily LOVE being a "Single" mom, so all you ladies out there that are doing it by yourself my props Come your way.
When we discussed him going back to school and finishing, I let him know that I have his back 100% and be I would there for him whenever he needed, we knew that it would be hard on the both of us, but again we knew that in the end it would be well WORTH IT!!
So 2 months have passed since my Husband has been in school, he works at 3am to 10:30 am is literally in class for 11:20 am to about 6:00 pm with a small break at 1pm. This my Friend is without any study time, so you can only imagine that YES I NEVER see my HUSBAND.
I have not figured out yet though who it is harder on ME or HIM??
I'm thinking ME maybe??
And for the last few days, I have been wondering since he come home everyday Tired and Ornery and criticising things that yes Maybe I can improve on that Honestly are not that BIG of deals in my eyes, Like for Example... sometime during the day I'm so sick of hearing the Whining of my 19month old because she REALLY wants my watered down Coke, so I give it to her, to me at that point in my eyes WHO CARES?? she is happy and I have peace for about 10 Min's when she wants something else.
Or letting my 3 year old paint on the floor in the kitchen while my 19month old is splashing the water everywhere, to Me WHO CARES?? They are actually getting along and not fighting, PEACE Again for another 20 Min's Maybe? Man!! I could really go on for days with all the examples that are going on in my mind.
So I have been thinking do these MEN Truly and I mean Truly understand what US as Mothers do to support them?? Well sometimes I have to wonder? Really I don't mean to be rude at all, But I just need to vent and get it off my chest.
So this is what I do EVERY DAY of the week, Mind you I am working 2 Jobs.
our day usually starts at 8am, Lucy never fails to wake me up and let me know the sun is awake, and She really needs Breakfast and after so many of her attempts to get me OUT of bed, I get sick of listening and Finally I Roll out of bed, I help Lu Lu go Potty I go get Capri that is eagerly waiting for me to come get her and let ther run around while I get beds Made, we head downstairs I make about 100 attempts to change Pri's diaper because she really Does NOT have the time for that in her Busy life, because she is too focused on getting Barney on to watch. I then make breakfast, an egg and Strawberry's for Pri, and Lucy always want cereal, they eat I take my Meds so I can be a healthy Mom to take on the day, I clean up the kitchen, turn on Barney and grab a load of Laundry to start that was from the day before.
My friend then brings her kids so I can watch them, we trade babysitting so she can work and I can work while our husbands are in school and not have to worry about the cost of daycare.
so I have 4 kids under the age of 4 and Yes I have to say it can get hectic but luckily they are wonderful kids that I really have grown to Love so dearly.
After they come I get the My girls ready for the day which always takes FOREVER and I'm not kidding when I say FOREVER, Because once again Pri does NOT have that sort of time, I literally put her pants on and she runs away I chase her down and put her shirt on then off she goes with a HUGE grin on her face Knowing full on its annoying the HELL out of me, Lucy as always has to do EVERYTHING herself, we go get hair done and as I'm attempting to do Lucy's hair, Lucy is SCREAMING because I'm apparently Hurting her head as Pri is sitting on the counter eating toothpaste with Fluoride and turning on the water filling up the cup and dumping it down her nice Clean DRY out fit that took me 30mins to put on the kid.
By then its Lunch time all the kids are starving and want lunch NOW!! And little do they know I only have 2 Hands and can only move so fast, they eat I get Peace for only about 10 min, I clean off the kids Babies go down for their Much Needed Nap, I clean up Lunch switch over laundry, Lucy has her quiet time, Ben comes home for lunch so I can take my Friends little boy to school.
Peace again 2 1/2 Hours and its wonderful I squeeze in a quick shut eye, just in time for my friend to pick up her baby.
School is now over and ALL of the neighbor kids linger on over to Chalyse's house, Capri is now awake and has to be outside with the kids, the Girl cant miss a beat! By now its about 4 I take my meds again, run outside and make sur Capri is still close and not running into the road, I know that sounds bad.
After about an hour of being outside I drag MY ever so SCREAMING CHILDREN INSIDE. So Mommy can start Dinner, and to me its almost like cew for my children want to continue to snack all night because maybe I'm in the kitchen or something, I say NO to them because " DINNER IS ALMOST READY!!" They then BOTH go into a FRENZIE and continue to ask "but Why Mom??" Really?? they know why! they finally give up walk out of the room they are Both super quiet I go check on them and they have Chocolate all over their Little faces, I then wonder how in the world did you Find that?? and How in the world did you get that past me?? Then I think because either at that point I was too tired to even notice or  to tired to even Care and deal with it.
I then Clean up them, Clean up from preparing Dinner wait for it to be done, Prepare the girls plates, my Plate, we sit down Lucy begs to say the prayer, she prays for everything on the planet even Disneyland I shovel down my food because I'm starving and while I'm doing that I encourage my kids to eat a meal begging them to eat just " 3 more bite is all ", Dinner is Over I start again the clean up process, make a plate for Ben turn the Oven on warm put his plate in there to keep it warm. I head upstairs to get the Kids in the bath, They LOVE the bath Until I wash them up which to me is the whole purpose of a bath. They both throw fits because they don't want to get out but yet they both look like little Raisins, and it is really getting late and I'm running out of patience.
I attempt to dry Capri but by the time I lay her down dry her and grab the Lotion she is once again Off running away from me, as Lucy is not happy because those were Not the Jammie's she had in mind to wear that night and of coarse the ones she wants are DIRTY!! I again soothe Lucy as I'm Begging for Capri to get her little BUTT over here, I finally attempt to lotion Pri,  Finally get her dressed we pick out a bedtime story,  we sit together and read it as Lucy is getting mad because Capri wants to just keep turning pages, we get though to story Finally!!
I make sure both girls Teeth are brushed hair is combed and they both have their Favorite Blankets to sleep with, we give lots of loves & Kisses, Lucy asks me a million questions to probably make the whole "its Bedtime" Process slower we say a prayer, I blow one Last kiss to my babies.
And I go downstairs Finish cleaning up dinner and clean up from the day, Call my awesome sister  and my mom, and Finally sit down eat some chocolate and watch the 9 o clock News. Ben walks through the door I kiss him ask him about his day and off to bed we go to take on the next day!!

SO AGAIN I ASK DO THEY TRULY UNDERSTAND WHAT US WOMEN DO, TO HELP THEM ACHIEVE THEIR GOALS??
AND IS IT HARDER ON THE WIFE OR HUSBAND??
YOU TELL ME?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Do the neighbors even get that they are overloading you? You shouldn't have to care for and feed them too. Don't they have a mom?

Crystal said...

I love this post. Thank you for saying all of that. That is how I am feeling as well. Mom "jobs" and dad "jobs" are completely different, but I definitely think we have the hardest job. N.E.V.E.R a break. My job clock goes 24/7.

laurenatanner said...

The wife!! Maybe I say that cuz I can totally understand running all day long!

Amy said...

You are AMAZING girl. I totally get what you're saying. I know now what it feels like to be on the other side of the diploma having Rob work 40-70 hrs a week,go to full time school,PLUS having 5 kids and wife. You REALLY look to those around you for support. You know I'm always here. Also side note....this Angie MUST NOT have kids and I don't recall you feeding extra kids and YES "those"neighbors kids do have parents,mind the business folks. Life is easier that way. Love you C!

Unknown said...

3 actually, including a set of twins. Thanks. I think I have a little experience.

April and Jared Fenn said...

I feel bad for both of you. It must really suck for Ben too. He never gets to see his girls or eat with the family. You BOTH are over worked, underpaid and unappreciated. I have also been feeling overwhelmed (ready my blog) and super stressed. Hang in there!

I know you do this already but make sure you TREASURE every moment you have together as a family. Since I went back to work full-time, I truly love and appreciate every second with my Logan and Jared.

WE love you guys! I wish you were still living in our basement, then I could give you more support.

Crystal, Russell and Our Boys said...

Hang in there Chalyse! And Whoohoo go Ben! for finishing school! Being motivated enough to finish college was hard without having to miss out on spending time with my kids. I don't think I could have done it with kids and a husband! I barely did it as it was. We're praying for you. It will be hard but Ben having a degree will bless your lives for the rest of your lives. If we lived closer I would love it if you dropped of Lucy and Capri to play everyday.

Your future is as Bright as your Faith -Thomas S Monson