Wondering what this Ribbon represents?? It represents Neonatal Lupus! I have recently got in touch with the Lupus foundation of America and wanted to find some way to get involved and raise awareness for this! Not only for my daughter But Me as a women that suffers everyday with this! I call it the "invisible illness". Why do I call it that you ask? Is because everybody when they ask what I suffer with they say "well You Don't look sick!!" Can I just tell you how bad I hate those words and every time someone Say's them I just want to throw up!This is a real thing that people don't understand the effects it has on those that suffer from it.
So I got in touch with the national lupus foundation and They want to hear my story and especially Capri's and how we deal with it! They want me to speak at a conference on October 26Th about My baby girl and how we dealt with her and her flair up! They are going to put our story on the front page of their newsletter and their facebook page!
I want people to know this is Real!! and they are going to be doing many activities that I will be involved in! I'm so excited for this opportunity to let the world know about this Illness and what Babies and Mom's are going through on a daily Basis! I can tell you It's My Hell!!
So Since I'm not working right now and Focusing on my Sick baby I felt as If I can get out there and make a difference! And this has helped my self esteem in so many ways! If you would like to Volunteer or even donate you can go to this website...http://www.lupus.org








1 comment:
Hey Chalyse! I'm so glad you found another way to turn your illness into something positive for others! I know you will be so inspiring to so many, and who could help but feel better when they look at little Capri!
Post a Comment