Sunday, October 4, 2009

She Is Potty Trained!!


Yes you Heard that right she is Officially Potty Trained!!! WOOT! WOOT! A few of months ago I bought Lucy a big girl Potty hoping to get her started then! But it was a No Go for her she hasn't wanted anything to do with it at all!! But I kept encouraging it every time I would change her Diaper during the day and everyday before she got in the tub for months and months I would say " Lucy try out your cool Potty" so she would sit on it everyday just to get the feel for it I guess and to help her understand what to do! Everybody Kept telling Me " You Just Need to potty train her, She is smart enough" and to me I just think that forcing it is not the way to go or at least with my most stubborn Kid in the whole wide world. I feel Kids will do it when they want and it saves me the Headache!


So Yesterday Morning Lucy comes into my room and says " Mommy I am Big Like Londyn ( my niece ) and I want to go on the big girl potty like her, so throw away my diapers" I'm like okay where is this coming from so random and I'm also thinking your so full of it. But I was WRONG! Right after she said that she took her diaper off herself went right into the bathroom went pee in the potty! Came out and Said "see Mom I can do it!! " with the most excited face on the planet! And the rest was History, So for 2 full days she has gone potty even stopped while playing to go, and we have even gone places and she has told me she had to go potty and has NOT HAD ONE ACCIDENT!! She freaking Rocks! I am so proud of her!

7 comments:

Suzie and Chadd said...

This is the story I've been hoping for for Tyler! He hates to sit on it but totally knows and hides when he poops...in the same spot! When is Lucy's bday? Maybe Tyler will do this in a few months =)

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

WOW!! You make potty training seem so easy!! Wow, I hope I have that easy of a time with Ashton!!

Katrina Jackson said...

Yay Lucy! That's AWESOME!!!

Crystal, Russell and Our Boys said...

Go Lucy! That is so awesome! She is so incredibly smart. I miss her! Tell her congratulations and good job from her Aunt Crystal!

Mat and Brooke said...

Rock on, Lucy girl! You just saved your mommy and daddy lots, and lots of money!!!
No more diapers, hooray!!
(Except for Capri's, of course...) :)

Suz said...

YAY for Lucy! And for Chalyse! That is definitely a happy day!

And I needed to read this as a reminder....I've been getting the pressure to potty train Addie. I can't believe how many times I have had the potty training conversation, and I forget that I really think you just have to wait until they are ready, and then they make the decision, it's over! That's what I did with Payton (he had just turned 3). Honestly, there was no struggle, no nightmare, just one day, diapers were GONE. So easy. That's how I like it. Like my dad say, "You won't be sending him to Kindergarten in diapers, I promise, just wait it out."

Caroline said...

That is amazing! Yay! Half the diapers! I think you handled it perfectly Chalyse - waiting until she was ready.

Your future is as Bright as your Faith -Thomas S Monson