I have meaning to blog this but really never have a quiet moment to where I can. About a month ago I took Lucy into the dentist for a check up and her annual cleaning, she has been to this place called Pediatric Dentistry in Farmington once before and everything was just fine, Well on this particular day as she was getting checked the Dentist proceeds to tell me that she had 8 Cavity's and needs to be put to sleep to get them filled I immediately get a sick feeling in my stomach thinking to myself "How in the world does a 3 year old have that many cavity's??" "I brush her teeth 2 times a day I don't get it".
As I left that dentist I could not get it off my mind mostly because a Long while back right after I was married I saw a 20/20 special on kids Pediatric dentists, and how they will take advantage of the kid and tell their parents that things need to be done when really they don't. And charge them so the Dentist can make the BUCK!! And then the poor kid has to suffer!
Well I could NOT get that off my mind, a couple of nights later Ben and I went over to our neighbors house to play games and she started talking about this kid that lives by us with his teeth all capped Silver, I asked her why that happens because she is a dental assistant, she then started to mention some of the dentist that she worked for were COMPLETE FRAUDS!!, I was about ready to pass out when she mentioned the dentist I took Lucy to. She said that she used to work for this guy and ended up walking out in the middle of a proceed er this little girl he was working on that was crying because she was being put to sleep and was scared he slapped her, then in the middle of filling the cavity he was having a conversation with a coworker or something and drilled to low into the tooth to where they had to cap it all SILVER! because this girl was a medicaid patient they had to do it silver even though it was his fault.
I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT THIS GUY WAS DOING, I GOT MY ANSWER IMMEDIATELY AND CANCELED LUCY'S APPT.
The lady asked why I was canceling, I said that I took her to another dentist I had been going to for years, He is a Honest man but very expensive, I guess you pay to have a good dentist Right?? My Dentist says to me "Her teeth are perfect, so perfect that don't need an X-Ray". and I had to pay out of pocket because my insurance wouldn't accept another claim on dentistry
When I proceeded to tell the lady how disgusted I was and how could they do this to such little innocent children, She had the audacity to say "well your FIRST MISTAKE IS THAT YOU TOOK HER TO A FAMILY DENTIST, SO HE WOULD NT KNOW, AND SHE HAS THIS DECAY AND CAVITY'S WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT"
Seriously if that doesn't sound like a RED FLAG to me what Does??
So I am working on getting this dude OUT OF BUSINESS! AND AGAIN I SAY NEVER IGNORE YOUR MOTHERLY INSTINCT NEVER!!
Iasked my friend about it and she asked her boss he said a Dentist is a Dentist, and the only reason why they have pediatrickindfor calming and children friendly, well to me coming from my mouth thats a bunch of BS
16 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment