
When I found out I was pregnant with Lucy and was told my Due date would be in December, I made a promise to myself and to her. That her day would be a very special one and we would focus solely on her and her day!! Considering during that time during my pregnancy, anytime someone would ask me when I was Due, they would automatically say "poor thing! Its right around the holidays so she won't feel like she even had a birthday". Well not in this Family!!
Birthdays are a VERY special day and I wanted to make sure that SHE felt that way too!
So I made a decision that there would be NO Christmas Talk, Christmas decorations put up at our house , or Christmas Wrapping paper on her birthday until after her birthday which is on December 3rd!! Also I have said to myself that even when she is a little older I would NEVER say " This present is for your Birthday and Christmas!" Because this is her Day!! I love you Lucy and I can't wait for your Very Special Day!!








3 comments:
Cute idea! My birthday is four days before Christmas. I rarely escape. :)
I love that birthday cake photo! Yum!
I'm glad that you are so thoughtful. My birthday is Dec. 23rd and I had all those things happen to me. All the time. :( Happy almost-birthday, Lucy!
My birthday is Dec. 30th and I totally know what you mean. My parents always did a really good job making me feel special on my day too. The hard thing was it was right in between Christmas and New Years. Keep doing what you are doing. I think it is a wonderful Idea!
Post a Comment