This Past 4 day weekend Ben has actually been off, which I have to say is really weird he is always gone at school or at work, and of coarse the time that we actually have together we are DE JUNKING!! I know it doesn't sound exciting at all. It has come the time that our 6 months of house sitting has come to and end and we are moving to Layton to be #1. Closer to School, #2. closer to Ben's Work and #3 I'm almost walking distance from my sister. So on those terribly LONG days without a Car I can Invade my Sisters house, She cant Wait!!
So back to our 4 day weekend of "Spending TIME!!" with each other we realized that our last move SUCKED Because of all the Junk we have! We went through each box one by one, I'm Talking like 50 boxes of literally Just CRAP and ended up making a total of 5 Stops to the DI, and at least 7 BIG Boxes of just Nothing anybody would ever want! I went through all Lucy's toy's and threw away the broken and the lost Items. It took all day especially because I had NO babysitter and doing all that with a 9 month old that LOVES to be held (its all my Fault I admit it) I did it all with ONE hand and a baby on my Hip!! It was NOT fun!! But by the end of Saturday we only ended up with 10 boxes,, that is Just some of Ben's Books and the girls clothes they have grown out of!
And I have to say it is the most awesome feeling EVER!!!! I feel very productive and not so much as a Hoarder!! I just had to right about my great success!! YAY we are JUNK FREE!!
16 years ago








4 comments:
Awesome! De-junking is so freeing! Post pictures of your house when you get all set up. Can't wait to come up and visit!
I can't beleive it's already been 6 monthes since you've been gone! I hate moving, but I LOVE the de-junking aspect of it. It's surprising what a weight all that "stuff" can be on your shoulders. It's very liberating. Congratulations one-handed, super mom!
Crazy the past 6 months is over, ALREDY. WOW. Clint and I need to go through our house and de-junk as well. We were just talking about this the other day. Since we have lived in this house with all the awesome storage space, we have accumulated so much. Scary to think about the next place we will move to. Hope Lucy has a great birthday.
good for you! "Dejunking" is super great. We should move just for that reason.
Hey, when is Lucy's party? I don't want to forget it.
Post a Comment